Friday, November 9, 2007

Heidi's Chemo Life--Week 2

Well I've made it through week two, which has been much better than week one! Of course because I didn't receive any treatment this week. Monday the 12th I undergo round two of chemo and then I'll be sick again. Here's a few bits of wisdom I learned this week:
  • I'm really an 80 year old woman in a 30 year old body! I can't make it up the stairs without losing my breath and having heart palpitations.
  • Even though I feel healthy I don't have the energy I used to have to do simple tasks and to take care of my family....super High Energy Heidi has taken a vacation or something??
  • I need to be grateful for the little things such as: food tastes good this week as the metallic taste is gone, I don't feel nauseous all the time, my nerves (neuropathy) isn't bothering my hands and feet anymore and I'm not plagued with hot and cold flashes! Never take your health for granted!

Those are my tidbits for this week! Here's my health update about my heart condition for those of you interested. I've been suffering from racing heart this week. It's very SCARY! It's happened multiple times and seems to be associated with over-exertion or climbing the stairs too many times and too fast. Although I had trouble one night where my heart raced all night long and it kept waking me up...HORRIBLE! So, long story short I was tested yesterday for anemia. I'm borderline anemic but not enough to cause heart palpitations. Then I had an EKG which came back normal. However my heart rate (resting) was very high. So they've ordered me a heart monitor of sorts that I'll wear for 24 hours starting Monday. Hopefully it'll track any irregularities in my heart so the cardiologist can figure out whats going on. The Adrimyacin drug I'm on for chemo is 'heart poison' so they have to monitor my heart closely.

Needless to say..I'm really feeling 80 years old...and feeling sympathy for what its like to get old and have problems that you can't control. How hard that must be! I just want to come to the bottom of this heart situation as its really freaking me out.

Well that's all for now! Love and Hugs, Heidi

3 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

Heidi,
I truly hope the doctor can figure out what is going on with your heart. You and your family as always are in our prayers.
I am so sad I missed your hat party...I even have a hat for you...but I have been sick, and so has my baby and so the last thing I wanted to do was bring that into your home. I will drop by when I am sure we are clear of our "bugs".
Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family.
Love,
Stacy Rogers

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I love the name of the blog, The Wright Spot.

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

Lara

Fede said...

Hello Heidi, my name is Federico, I met your mother in law yesterday at the dentist office, she told me what you are going trough, I have cancer too, I am 37, I am in stage 4 too, I am very sorry that you got this but I tell you, I totally bealive you can cure this, you got to have a lot of hope everyday, you have to be always 100% positive no matter what side effect you have, you have a huge reazon to live for and to fight this, your beautiful Family first of all, I really want to talk to you because there are some very important things that maybe you don't know and are so helpful to heal faster and to avoid getting harmed by the side effects of the whole treatment.
Faith in God is our main strength and there is no fear with him.
For a good reazon God have put in our lifes these trials.
My phone numer is 808 250-9104 or you can Email me at fedemaui@gmail.com. My blog is vivoalive.blogspot.com
Big hug and today is a great day !
Federico