Friday, November 23, 2007

No More HAIR!!

Well in all the madness of my pneumonia I forgot to mention the absolutely crazy part of this journey....all of my hair fell out last week. It really is strange! My hair just started coming out on day 14 after my treatment. I let it fall out for a few days and finally it got to be too depressing so I had Scott shave my head to a 1/2 inch buzz cut. I think I look a lot like my brother Ryan!!
Between Friday and Sunday my hair didn't do much and then all of a sudden the tiny little 1/2 inch hairs started falling out like crazy. Dallyn thought it was funny because I took one of those sticky lint brushes and rubbed it across my head and you wouldn't believe the hair that came out!! Kaylie and Cameron took turns pulling out my hair...it really just all came out and it didn't hurt..they couldn't believe it. Each morning there were tiny hairs all over my pillow! I'd have to shower for an hour to get all the little hairs off my head..so I finally gave up and just let them fall out.
As of today I only have a few patches of hair left, otherwise I'm totally bald. So I guess its time to get my wig fitted and get used to this life of wearing hats!! Just thought I'd update everyone on my recent excitement **sadness** of losing all my hair. Love, Heidi
Right Before We Cut Off My Hair!

I'm not posting bald photos on my blog...Scary!!

Look at all the hair..and half of my hair had already fallen out!!!

1 comment:

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I feel sad.......

I want to send you much love and strenght.

Lara