Thursday, May 22, 2008

On to the "Boost" treatments

Well this is all very exciting because I am in my last few days of radiation!! YEAH!! I am now having my scar area getting a "boost" of extra strong radiation for 5 days and then I'm DONE with radiation! I can hardly believe it. I'm so grateful to be almost done with the radiation because my skin is really starting to be sore, itchy and red, red, red! It looks like I have a sunburn.

One thing I've noticed is when I walk outside my neck starts to sting. (My neck is red because they radiate my clavicle area and halfway up my neck) I asked my Dr. about this and she said that I'll have to wear hats, collared shirts, that sort of thing to cover my neck up for the next few months. She said for the next year my skin will be much more sensitive than normal. So I guess hats and sunscreen here I come!! =) Wait..I thought I was done with hats!! =) No such luck!

Anyhow..count your blessings...i'm counting mine!! =)

No comments: