Monday, October 13, 2008

Remembering the Loss...

As I posted on Sunday, passing this recent anniversary has brought with it a lot of reflection from all that I went through last year. Here are some photos I didn't share last year...and a few I did...as I've reflected on last year at this time..

What would you do if this came out of your hairbrush one morning...and then again that evening and then again the next day???
You would finally consent to have your loving husband shave your head...this is right before....
This was all the hair I had left (you can see there are bald spots on top where I had lost alot already)....still its a lot of hair!
And the results....all of my hair..gone..in a few minutes. But I must say that it was a very empowering thing to finally be rid of my hair. Only because watching it fall out in clumps was horrible!! I look at women with long hair and think of all the years it'll take me to grow my hair long again. Not to mention the curly, crazy, post-chemo hair that I have now....but when I look back at last year, I'm just so grateful to have hair...and to not be doing chemo.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kristen said...

What a year!! You have been such an example to so many of us on how to persevere when facing hard times. Here's to a MUCH better year!!! By the way, don't worry about the hair, you look beautiful=)

Marc and Stacy said...

You are gorgeous! What an inspiration you are to me! Thank you for always being so positive.

Have a great trip to Disneyland!