Thursday, January 15, 2009

It Might Be Only One More Week!

Well I talked to my Dr's and had some tests done and it looks like I may possibly be off steroids in one week! Yeah!! My cortisol levels were tested and although they are very low, my body is producing small amounts of cortisol on its own again, so give it a week and they believe I can go off the steroids all together!! I have been on steroids for 2 months now so I'm SOO excited to be going off.

The only thing that can change this is if I get sick. Then I have to stay on the steroids because my body won't be able to fight off the infection without enough cortisol....so this morning I wake up to Kyler throwing up onto my bed. Scott was swimming at the gym so of course I had to help my sweet boy who wass sick---so I'm very nervous now about getting sick now but I'm trying to be careful.

Assuming all goes well, I'll be off in a week though. I'm SOO excited! Then I'll have the job of exercising to lose all this steroid weight I have put on!!

Ok--well back to taking care of this sick 2 1/2 year old!

Smiles,
Heidi

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm so happy you {hopefully} only have one more week to go. I think about you often. I envy your ability to always be so upbeat.

xoxoxo's

Teresa said...

Here's to not being on steroids! I've never had to go through as much as you have, but I know what rapid weight gain, sleep deprivation, and constant mood swings can do to a person, and a family! I'm praying for you to feel a ton better soon, and I really hope I can come out and see you soon! Thanks for keeping us all posted and for being such a great example of humility and optimism. My testimony grows every time I read your blog. Love you!