Friday, February 13, 2009

Snow Skiing Trip


This past week we took our three older children snow-skiing for the first time. It was the first time Scott and I had been in about 8 years so I sure felt like a beginner all over again!! We put Kaylie and Cameron in ski lessons and taught Dallyn on our own. After everyone got over how cold it was---23 degrees, plus wind and snowing on us pretty much all day long---everyone had a good time!!
Here is Dallyn on the learning slope. He struggled in the morning since he was so cold, but after the two of us hung out by the fire for awhile, he was ready to hit the slopes again. In the afternoon he did great. I guess he--and I--got used to the freezing cold!
Scott and Dallyn were ski pals during the afternoon and I stuck close to the older kids. All four of us skied together which was fun, but I kept tabs on the older kids as they went a lot faster than Scott and Dallyn did. I couldn't believe how well they were doing by the end of the day.
So I realized at the end of the day that I wasn't in any photos--so here's to prove that I really was there. Now I only skied a little bit because my LEGS and KNEES have issues still, plus my strength isn't that great. But since we only paid $20 for my lift ticket I was ok with that. I knew this would be a trip for spending time with the kids which was really fun!! =) Scott took off and did a few real runs while I skiied with the kids, so he enjoyed that. Anyhow--we had a great time! Thanks to Grandma Black for coming to stay with Kyler so we could do this!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: