Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hair Update

Well back on March 9th I talked about my bald spot and all the hair that was starting to fall out. It had been falling out since around Feb 25th. Well, today is April 5th and I am here to report that my hair has continued to fall out every single day since then! The intensity is still the same, I can't believe how much hair I lose everyday!!

The good news is that my bald spot area has some little stubble on it as that hair is growing back. BUT..the rest of my hair, all over my head, is still falling out. I had planned to get hair extensions to cover my bald spot. However, we have to wait until my hair stops falling out so I'm stuck for now!

My oncologist mentioned that hair loss is also a side effect of steroids sometimes. So..that might be my problem too...if you can believe that.

Anyhow..that's my little note about my hair...I keep thinking it'll stop, but it is still falling out like crazy everyday. I'll let you know when it stops...or when I'm completely bald I guess you'll figure it out!

3 comments:

RP said...

I'm so sorry that you have to worry about this! I'm glad you have some stubble growing though. Good luck in the next few months!

Katie said...

Heidi,
It's so great to read your blog! Love, Katie

Danielle said...

I wonder what your new hair will be like- red, blonde, brown, curly, straight, etc.... I am so sorry you are having to go through this! You hang in there and know that lots of people have you in their prayers!