Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another Day at Hunstman--Literally

Well, I have a full time job today, except instead of getting paid I'm paying out big bucks to go to the doctors! =) I left around 8:30 this morning for Huntsman. At 9 am I was injected with a contrast for a bone scan test. The contrast had to be in my system for 2 1/2 hours. So I waited from 9:30 until 12:00 noon while the contrast solution soaked into my bones. I just finished my Bone Scan test which took about 45 minutes. They take different pictures of my bones to look for cancer in the bones.

Now its 1:00 and I'm drinking this nasty milkshake stuff..YUCK! It's worse than what they gave me in CA. That was like orange soda, this is like grape watered down milkshake. This milkshake is actually Barium Sulfate which I have to drink 900 ml of in the next hour and a half. Then I'll have a CT scan done. That scan will look for cancer in my lungs and liver, as well as ovarian cancer in my pelvis. I'm grateful to have these tests done..however I didn't realize I couldn't eat once I started drinking this stuff and I'm starving! I guess I will eat a late, late lunch.

My CT scan is at 2:30 and then at 3:00 pm I have an MRI. When I said I have a day at Huntsman..I really meant it! The MRI will be of the brain, to follow up on the pseudo-progression that was found on May 15th. We need to confirm that the tumor is actually continuing to shrink and that the edema is under control.

So, after today I'll be all tested out I'm sure. In case you are wondering what I'm up to in Utah--this pretty much sums up my day today---working hard at my job of going to the doctors for tests, tests and more tests!

Hugs from Utah,
Heidi

4 comments:

Teresa said...

No fun I'm sure! Have you found some help to watch the kids while you're gone? The nice thing about Utah is the church is so widespread, you can always find someone willing to help out. Wish I was there with ya! =)

Jenn Pengelly said...

You are one strong woman Heidi! I admire the positive attitude you attack life with! You just hang in there, you're in my prayers. XOXO

mb said...

Wow sounds like quite a day. Hope that the results come soon and are good. Miss you here in CA!

Jo Deann said...

What a busy day!!! Wishing you the best with the results. Kaylinne was saying today how much she misses Kyler!!! I'll have her email him or something. :) Hugs from all of us. You're in our prayers.