Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Heidi's Graduated!

Well today is a happy day! I just got back from my zany Dr. day and I have officially graduated to...get this....Dr. apts every THREE MONTHS!! Wow! I can hardly believe it!! How did I earn such an exciting diploma?? Well, by having clean scans today I earned this wonderful privilege!! I had a CAT scan today that checked for body disease in my bones, chest, liver, lungs, etc. and it came back without a spec! Then I had an MRI of my brain and no new lesions were found! Additionally, my tumor cavity--where my tumor used to be--shows scar tissue and other expected signs of trauma, but nothing unusual. So, after meeting with my oncologist and my neurosurgeon they agreed that I didn't need to be seen for another 3 months!! Hip Hip Hooray!! So now I can enjoy my headache/seizure free life!! I feel very grateful for this....now I don't have to worry again until June 1st! Hooray!! I'm telling you, 2010 is a new year and I'm turning over a new leaf with this health business!! Yeah!! Thanks for all your prayers and support!!

10 comments:

stina said...

Yay Heidi!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Amy/Austin said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Grandma said...

Oh my gosh!! This is the news I have been waiting to hear. Too bad it took them this long to know what I have known for a loooong time!!! Love You Lots and couldn't be happier with your news!

ricciquill said...

Great news Heidi, I hope 2010 continues to be a great year for you =)

Anonymous said...

That is so great!! you have really looked wonderful lately. How great it must be to feel so good. We could all really take a lesson from you on appreciating what we have.

Teresa said...

That's awesome Heidi!! I'm so happy for you. You're always in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm so glad you get to enjoy these next three months without dr visits! Love you!

Julie said...

I follow you privately and just want to thank you for your enduring strength and moving on with your life in the midst of such a great trial. You are a sweet example of courage.

Mommie Hahn said...

We love you Heidi and are very excited for you. Enjoy.
Cheryle hahn

kristen said...

Great News!! I am so happy that things are looking up for you. Here's to continued good news coming your way!!!

Jenn Pengelly said...

So very very happy Heidi!! I couldn't ask for better news EVER!!