Tuesday, June 22, 2010

NOT a fun way to watch Toy Story!

Well, we took our kids to see Toy Story 3 yesterday and I was really excited to see it. I'm still looking foward to seeing it now that I missed my chance yesterday....I guess I'll have to wait for it to come to video..let me back up...

Saturday I found myself in misery with another seizure..I've been seizure free since May 2nd so I wasn't too happy about this new development. Sunday and Monday I ended up with really bad headaches plaguing me for a good portion of the day. Yesterday I had 3 different headaches.

As you can guess the third headache came during the movie. It was so awful I was considering how to to get myself to the E R. I just couldn't stand it! I only made it about 20 minutes into the movie and by that time I was in tears and had to leave the theater. I don't think sobbing is part of the experience of being at the movies. This is the first time we've taken our kids since Cars came out when Dallyn was a baby so this was SAD for me to not be there with my kids.

But I went out to the car and suffered for the next hour till I was able to get home. The pain decreased about 10 minutes before we left the movies and I was so grateful, at least my kids didn't have to see me crying!

So I am now taking Tylenol preventively and I've increased my steroid use from 1 1/2 to 3 mg a day....URGH...I'm not happy about it but the pain I endured yesterday was just too much for me. So I've resorted to drastic measures. But I'm sad...really sad its come to this...

Additional Note: Today I talked to my nurse and told her about my seizure on Sat...like I expected she has told me that I need to go on anti-seizure meds....so later today I'll go pick those up. I'm discouraged. I don't want to be a druggie and I don't want to have seizures. I've been through this enough I think. But I guess its not about what I want.. =(

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I am so sorry about your headaches and the seizure. I sure wish they could do the MRI before July 6th. We are of corse praying for you all the time. Keep up the great attitude because it does help!! Love You

Rachel said...

Darn! I hate to hear that. How long will they let you be on meds? What's the next step? Always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Heidi.

Stay strong!