Friday, July 16, 2010

4:30 AM thoughts on Surgery Day

Well I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't sleep.....so I decided to come in and update my blog with a presurgery post. So today I go in for surgery...again...its hard to believe..it is starting to feel more real, now that I had all my pre-op stuff yesterday, but its still crazy. I don't know how you go about preparing for a surgery like this....emotionally I mean....

But today is here..the time is now..and here I go!! My surgery is at 7:30 am and they have 4 hours slotted for the surgery. Last time is at 3 1/2 hours so we'll see what happens this time. We have to be at the hospital at 6 am since I have a 7:30 surgery time so being up bright and early isn't so horrible since I have to be up anyhow!

Last night I enjoyed sleeping on my back and on my head....it'll be a long time till I can do that again....there are so many 'little' things I've been enjoying the past few days. I'm going to enjoy a shower shortly...thats something I don't enjoy post surgery as the water hurts my head for a good month afterwards. Scott had to help me shower for a good week after surgery last time...I didn't have the strength to stand up in the shower by myself and I worried about falling. Oh man...memories...can I just say that I ENJOY being independent!! This is hard for me!! It really is, I don't like being helpless and needy....grr!!

Well, Scott will update you all on how I'm doing as I continue on this journey. Thanks for all the love and prayers and support. I FEEL IT and I appreciate each one of you!! Here's to a GREAT surgery and to getting ALL the cancer cells out!!!

Love and Hugs,
Heidi

1 comment:

kristen said...

good luck!!! thinking of you and praying for a very successful surgery and fast recovery!