Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Different Fridge

Well yesterday I spent about 2 hours cleaning out a fridge we bought (used, about 4 years old) in preparation for the swap. It was a LOT of work and my hands are all dry! I should have used gloves. Anyhow, here are the boys playing with the clean drawers. The boys were really helpful in drying them for me and I appreciated that. It was a lot of work.

Here is our white fridge, which I love and it still works great!! But with our kitchen renovation the white just stands out too too much. Well it has always stood out too much with our dark counter tops and dark island, but we weren't motivated to do anything about it until we got this new awesome oven combo! And so we bought a used fridge in stainless so that everything will coordinate better.
Here is the after photo...phew..it was a lot of work getting it in place (thanks Tyler!) but the guys finally got in in place and it looks awesome! It's a GE Profile just like our oven and has the matching handles so that was one of our motivations for getting this one. Our other motivation is that it is one of the types that does NOT show fingerprints very easily and that was important to me. I can't stand fingerprints on stainless!! So this was a big priority!! The kitchen is coming along, it is very exciting! =)
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month we bought some pink ribbon cookies. Not that we need any reminders, I think our family is well aware, but we are pink ribbon fans around here so I just had to get the cookies too!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Your kitchen looks great. Can't wait until you have it all done and we can see the pictures of that. I am tired just thinking of all the work.