Thursday, November 11, 2010

Radiation Has Begun

Well I started Radiation this week and I'm in the midst of it. I've had 3 treatments down and three more to go..YEAH! So I'm halfway. I'm so blessed to only have to deal with the trauma of this all for a few more days. We are praying hard that THIS TIME it will work! I met with my Radiation Oncologist today and he said that they want to re-scan me in 6 weeks. They don't feel like they will be able to tell anything before then since the effects of the radiation will still be working then. He told me in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks from now my hair will fall out---the rest that hasn't already come out, so I'll have to be prepared for that.

So all in all, I'm doing well. I'm super tired and feeling a little bit 'de ja vu' like, "Didn't I just do this before???" and that sort of feeling. Anyhow, it is going well and I'm so grateful for the rides and meals and help I am getting from so many loved ones! Thanks so much!
Hugs,
Heidi

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sure enjoyed visiting with you.I'm so glad that you took that trip. You know that you have many, many people that love you and are praying for you. Stay positive.