Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Few Changes

Well, I decided it was time to re-establish our children's temple picture in their rooms. When we lived in Elk Grove this was on our wall...

Last week I changed it to the night view photo of the Bountiful Temple. That is the one my children will grow up going to...so I want them to be used to that photo so we made the change this week!

One of the changes I have had to make since starting chemo is to really baby my hands and feet. Both get very, very sore with this chemo. Some times are worse than others but they always hurt. So Scott got me these new mats from Costco and they are great on my feet...wish I had had them all along!

Additionally, I have found best friends in these two products from Bath and Body Works. These products are made for people with super dry skin on their hands and feet. Now, they aren't really meant for chemo patients but they are the best thing I have found so far.

I wear the booties around the house a lot since my feet are much worse then my hands, but sometimes I also put the gloves on when I am lying in bed reading, etc. They are lined with a paraffin material that helps keep your hands and feet soft. I also have a creme that I put on my feet every day that is a lifesaver for me. Imagine how hard it would be to have your feet hurt all the time?? So these are some new changes in my life as of late!


The last change is my new haircut. I haven't cut my hair since November when I lost my hair to radiation and it all fell out. So I am back to my haircut from about 3 years ago...(sheez!), but at least I have enough hair, barely, to go without a wig now so I am grateful for that!! I am trying to get used to the new do!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: