Tuesday, September 20, 2011

GoodBye Tile!


As I have posted before we have been working on putting hardwood in our house and it has been coming along slowly but surely! We decided that we didn't like the choppiness of too many different flooring styles on the main floor of our home. So we decided to bite the bullet and pull out the tile floor.
So here are some before photos!

This is before we finished the wood so we had some lovely plywood still showing under our hutch...as I said, its been quite a process but since our 'handyman' has a day job and can only work nights on the floor (Yes, its Scott) then I have to take it when I can...whenever he can work on the floor is great!

A few of the DURING photos and let me just say there was SO MUCH DUST!! Wow!



The finished entry way...

I love the wood all the way into the entryway now..it flows so much better and it is so much more warm and welcoming than the cold tile.

Love it!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We've pulled tile out of both of our houses. What a mess! I can sympathize with you. You're lucky that it wasn't really a big area to remove. You don't realize how much better something will look til you change it. It looks great.