Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Grandma Black

This last week my Grandma Black passed away. She was 89 years old and what an amazing life she had! She had health down till the last week or so of her life. She got pneumonia, followed by a stroke but before that she was fully functioning! She lived such a full life.

My grandpa misses her very much and I pray for him everyday. They were married for almost 68 years so that is a long time to be together and to separated now I know he is lonely. Luckily my parents live across town from my Grandpa so they can visit him and keep him company as he adjusts to being without Grandma. I love my Grandma and I sure will miss her. In the coming week I will be posting photos and details of her life in her remembrance. For now, this is the funeral program. I love this photo of my Grandma! She looks so young and happy!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

So sorry for you loss! She was a wonderful lady! I was amazed at how many places your grandma and grandpa traveled to in their lifetime! She will be missed! I love that picture of her on the program.

The Five that Jive said...

So sorry for your loss Heidi!! I have fond memories of your grandma, she would always talk with me about favorite church books that I was reading. She also made sure that the library always got the latest books...I'm pretty sure she did that just for me!! Love you and your family and you are all in my prayers!!