Sunday, August 5, 2012

Triathlons


Partially out of insanity, and partially to try and maintain some level of sanity, I elected to participate in 4 triathlons this summer. Both the training and the racing pushes my physical and mental stability to its limits, but also gives me a break from some of the stresses and realities of life. The first one I did was the Spudman in Idaho, along with over a dozen friends from our Ward. It was a lot of fun, very draining, but I did not perform at the level I had expected to. (By the way, I not only raced through the course, but then had to race back to Logan to hopefully make it in time for my Mom's wedding, which I did with a few minutes to spare.) The second one I did yesterday morning here in Bountiful, and performed much better. Out of the 200ish participants I came in 9th and felt really good doing so. It was also fun to have my kids and two sets of parents there cheering me on. Two down, two to go, with the hardest on Aug 25th, a Half Ironman.

 




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Burga said...

Awesome - looking strong Scott!!!