Wednesday, October 24, 2012

6th Month Anniversary


Today reminds me much of the days leading up to Heidi’s passing. Whereas the past many months have been warm and beautiful in Utah, today has turned dark, cold, raining and dreary. Many of the final days of Heidi’s life where the same. Today of course mark’s 6 months since she passed away. A part of me and the kids feel like she was an active part of our lives just yesterday. Her influence and comfortable spirit are still evident in so many parts of life it is still hard to believe she is gone. And yet, at the same time, it seems like so much has happened since she has gone and it has been forever since we have been able to talk with her and share experiences with her. We do miss her greatly, but remain so grateful for the time we got to spend with her. We continue to recognize that we had much more time with her than her diagnosis should have allowed.

Hopefully from viewing the blog you can tell that life for the Wright home as continued to move ahead as best we can. Though the nearly 5 years of cancer treatments were challenging, they did prepare me and us for life without a fully functioning Mom. I thankfully know how to administer the home, know where things are located, and even how to cook a meal now and then. That is no substitute for Heidi, but does help. Her spirit, passion for life, and love for others is what I cannot compensate for and is what we feel the greatest lack of. There is little that can take the place of the love of a Mother, especially one as wonderful and devoted as Heidi.

We do sincerely continue to appreciate the help, occasional meals, friendships, thoughts and prayers that you make on our behalf. They have and continue to support us along. We continue to press forward and look forward to that great day when we will all be re-united with Heidi once again.

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Scott,
Thinking of you and the family. We have felt the loss also.
You do a super job of keeping up the blog. Heidi would be so proud of you! Love You, Pam

Lisa said...

This was a beautiful post and brought tears to my eyes. I think of your family often. Heidi's strength, faith, and courage continue to inspire me. Her influence will always remain with me. I will continue to pray for your family. I'm just sorry I can't do more.

Heidi Freeman said...

I am so impressed that you are keeping up the blog, I know Heidi is proud of you. You and the kids have pressed forward and we are all inspired by you. I can't imagine filling both parenting roles. I am sure Heidi is grateful for your hard work and faith.

Heidi Freeman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.