Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Craft Room is Finished!


Scott finished the final touches on our craft room during the holidays. We had taken a break from that project due to my illness. However, Scott is always one for finishing projects. He added a molding piece between the brown and blue paint and then caulked it and painted it blue to blend into the lower portion of the room. He then built the frame to go around the window and added my fun fabric for the 'curtains' in the room. I have 3 of the 4 kids pages done that are in the frames around the window. One of these days I'll finish Kylers. But for now the room is looking so great!! You can doubleclick on the photos to see a larger view with better detail!

The other wall is done too!! This is the workstation where I cut paper and use my cricut machine. My craft room is now the craft/lego room....to keep Kyler from eating the legos we have the older boys play legos on my craft desk. So the boys can't say the room is only for the girls enjoyment!! =)
I bought the chalkboard/magnet boards and pegboards from Pottery Barn Kids. They sold pinboards but not in the right colors/fabrics for my room. So, my awesome hubby made these two pinboards out of wood and corkboard so that I can pin up little photos or notes, etc. I added clips to the pegboard for displaying inspiring cards and I have two 'pencil cups' for keeping my tools in easy reach while using my workstation. Isn't it exciting?? I just love my new craft room. Now I just need to get better so I can actually spend TIME in my room!!
Oh and I just have to show you my fun punches drawer!!! Yes I am a 'punchaholic' it's true...and the scary thing is that this drawer can't hold all my punches anymore! Now I have 2 punches drawers!! Hey, Scott has how many different wrench & screwdriver sets out in the garage?? A girl needs her tools too!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: