Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Heid's New Health Craze

For me a natural part of dealing with my disease is trying to figure out all the ways that I can be more healthy going forward. What I can do to keep the cancer from recurring, etc. I've been doing LOTS of research and reading a great deal to learn about ways I can help my body to be more healthy and to repair itself. I have a book on healing cancer through nutrition and I've found a lot of truth in that book. It just makes sense. I'm now approaching what I eat as 'medicine' in a sense that can heal my body from the damage that has been done and that can help keep disease from returning. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still undergoing chemo and radiation will start in a few weeks, but the natural methods have their place as well.

I'm seeing a natural doctor, aka Eastern Medical Doctor, who specializes in nutrition, whole food supplements, herbal medicine, acupuncture, etc. He's counseling me in my diet and nutrition and I've been following this personalized 'wellness program' for the past month now and I've been really pleased with the improvements so far. We'll see how I feel in a few more weeks!!

The two hardest things for me right now.....I'm off of SUGAR--white refined which is in EVERYTHING you buy! And I'm off of dairy except for limited amounts of organic dairy products. I've gone from drinking 2 gallons of milk a week to drinking barely 1/2 gallon in 2 weeks. I'm being a really good girl but its hard. Especially I miss my ice cream!! I had sugar withdrawals at first but I'm getting used to it now. After all you can make or break habits in 21 days remember.....=)

Here you'll see my new milk, yes I'm drinking Organic milk now. I'm avoiding all things that have any hormones in them!


This is my new favorite water!! Fiji water is YUMMY!! I'm becoming a water snob now...really I drink a LOT of water!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: