Monday, April 7, 2008

5 Surprises--Home from Utah!

So I had the opportunity to go to Utah to help my sister who just had surgery. It was such a blessing to be there and to spend time with her and get to take care of my sweet little niece who is just 2 months old. Although I didn't sleep well I sure was grateful to be able to visit them!

I had a 2 1/2 week break in between chemo and radiation and so I took advantage of 5 days of that time to be able to go out to help my sister. Scott took on lots of the load while I was gone, and my aunt and friend helped watch my children too--thanks! When I returned the family had left me a cute poem about all the things they did and how they missed me! I was to look for 5 surprises left around the house for me, one for each person who missed me!! HOW CUTE??

The surprises were:

1. The backyard was mowed, trimmed and fitted with a new net and batting area rigged up by Scott for our little boys to practice baseball! Wow! Our yard looks ready for spring now!

2. Scott put together the new bookcases for our living room! Now we finally have bookcases to fit all of our books!! We can call this room the library now can't we?? I'm so excited, they are beautiful.


3. The pan cupboard that has been an eyesore these past 2 1/2 years now has 2 pull-out drawers built inside for my new Calphalon pans! yeahoo!! No more stacking pans in a missmash of a cupboard! And there is still room for my Kitchen Aid and stockpot in there next to the drawers! The amazing custom built drawers by my Scotty!



4. Scott found me a Rebounder personal trampoline, complete with exercise DVD's off of craigslist!! Yeah! Now I'm doing my 5 minutes twice a day to help with my lymphatic system and to get rid of toxins from chemo. (My Dr. recommended I do this each day) The Rebounder is a special trampoline that is very tightly wound and WOW does it hurt!

5. And lastly Scott built my cornice box for over the living room window!! Now all that's left is to fit the fabric onto it and that room will be done! Yeahoo!!


Thanks to Scott for all the 'surprises' and to the kids for helping Scott clean up the house so I had a nice haven to come home to!

Hugs,
Heidi

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the pull out drawers! I always thought that there was a better way to utilize that space! Great idea! Might have to borrow that one. Did Scott build the shelves or are they bought?

Marc and Stacy said...

What a sweet family you have! And what a surprise worthy mother and wife they have!!! :)
I love the pots and pans thing! My baby is constantly pulling my stuff from the cupboards...its NEVER organized!