Monday, April 7, 2008

Radiation Lifestyle

Well, the next phase of my treatment is radiation. I'll be going in each weekday, Monday through Friday, for the next 6 weeks! Can you believe that? I guess the daily treatment of the radiation is what kills any microscopic cancer cells.

I'll be receiving radiation to my neck, upper arm, clavicle area and chest wall. Last week my nurse called to say that Dr. Lee decided that she needs TWO time slots in which to treat me. Hmm?? That makes me a bit worried because normally one time slot is enough time to radiate a person. I'll be meeting with Dr. Lee Wednesday for a second Simulation (also not expected) to be sure that everything looks good between my X-rays and CT scan. At that time I'll ask her WHY? exactly I need two time slots. Assuming all looks good on Wed. then I'll start radiation officially on Thursday April 10th.

Thanks for checking in!
Smiles,
Heidi

No comments: