Sunday, September 14, 2008

Reflection & gratitude...

This past week I've been reflecting on how different my life was, in so many ways, one year ago. At this very time a year ago I had scheduled a Dr. apt with my Obgyn to have her look at a lump that I thought was a clogged milk duct, as I had just weaned Kyler on Sept 5th. Little did I know that this lump would be aggressive breast cancer. This past year has been such a whirlwind and blur and I can hardly believe it has been one full year.

Next month marks the anniversary of my surgery and the start of my chemotherapy. Scott and I are taking our 10th anniversary trip that we were unable to take last year. It holds more significance now as it represents my one year mark of surviving breast cancer, as well as our 10th and 11th Wedding Anniversaries. As I reflect on my many blessings, I'm so grateful that at this time much of my health has been restored to me.

Many thanks to all of you that have kept me in your thoughts and prayers during the past 12 months.

Love and Hugs,
Heidi

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I am so glad you beat it...I am grateful to have had the chance to get to know you over the last year! specially cause our boys share the greatest name--Dalen/Dallyn...Love the inkspiration site, I guess I need to get around to doing my scarpbook site too...

kristen said...

I am so happy for you. Enjoy your anniversary /celebration trip! We continue to think of you often.

Leigh said...

I canNOT believe what you've had to go through as a young wife and mommy. I've thought about you very often, and have really been touched at how upbeat you've always been. You've NEVER wallowed in your sickness. I'm so glad you are doing well. I love peeking in on you every now and then. Take Care.

xoxo