Monday, December 1, 2008

Good News on PET Scan

Well today I had a PET scan, which scans my entire body for 'hot spots' or spots of metastatic disease. My doctor called me back this evening with good news from the PET. Other than my tumor and a spot on my throat which they want checked out with an ENT, there weren't any hot spots to be found! Yeah! So I just need to have the throat followed up with, but the guess is that everything is alright there, they just want to doublecheck it!

Then in other news, the initial signs of the tumor in my head--which DID show up on the PET of course---is that the report showed slight signs of neurosis....in other words there may be some damage happening to the tumor already as a result of these steroids I'm on! I'll meet tomorrow with more doctors....but this initial news was encouraging! Yeah for the clean PET scan.....

Just wanted to share the good news... =)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah! We love good news- especially the day after our fasting for you- instant gratification :o)!

The Whittle Clan said...

Great news Heidi. You will continue to be in my prayers. Keep your spirits up and keep us posted. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.