Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh..and hair loss!

Oh and something comical..I lost my hair patch this weekend!! My neurosurgeon told me that due to the intense Gamma Knife Radiation going into my head I would permanently lose the hair in the area that I had my Surgery. This radiation kills the roots of your hair. So I had a 2 1/2 cm lesion so there is an area on the left side of my head where I was supposed to lose that chunk of hair permanently and then I'd just comb over =) that area as my hair would not grow back there.

Anyhow..nothing had happened yet and this weekend WOW...i lost a lot of hair (I'm thinking more than the size of my lesion???) But it was just comical because it's been 3 weeks since my surgery and all of a sudden my body reacted and realized that the roots were dead and it was time for all that hair to come out. I'm just glad it is ONLY that one area and not all my hair!!! =)

Hugs,
Heidi

No comments: