Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Toe Much Fun!

Ok, so one of the fun things I've been dealing with the past month has been my ingrown toenails. For anyone that has experienced this..it is Not pleasant!! Ok, so apparently my being on steroids has not allowed my body to fight off the infection because they have just been getting worse and worse the past week.

Finally I decided all the home treatments weren't going to help...so I went to the Dr. today and had him take care of my toes. He put several shots in my toes to numb them up and then did something (I didn't watch and I don't want to know) and took care of the problem.

So my feet were FREEZING so I cut up some old socks so I could survive the day..right now I still have pretty numb feet but I hear I'll be in a lot more pain once that wears off!

I look pretty funny wearing sweats and flip-flops..but these shoes support my feet and allow my big toes to not have any pressure put on them.
Did you know that I just love going to the doctor so much..I have to keep coming up with more medical problems so I can keep forking out those co-payments???=)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

stina said...

Very creative!!

Stefani said...

It's not funny that you had to go to the doctor for your toes... but I am laughing a little! :) I love your creative solution to the pain... apparently you're creative in all aspects of your life!

kristen said...

Love the picture of your toes! I'm so glad that, besides the toes, things are going better for you, and that you will be able to be off steroids soon. Just think, the future can only get brighter now, right? Keep plugging away! We think of you often!