Saturday, March 14, 2009

MRI #4

Well, I went to my Neurosurgeon Apt. yesterday and have good news!! My tumor is continuing to SHRINK and there are NO NEW tumors to report! Yeahoo! This is great news!!

My surgeon said that my tumor is actually ahead of the game in that it has already started to involute, or cave in on itself. I don't have the photos to post, but it looks more like a big raisin whereas before it was more round. There is still a blood supply and cancerous cells living in the tumor but its moving in the right direction, so that is the great news.

I learned that I have radiation induced swelling in my brain as well, and I was surprised to see how much swelling I have. My Dr. said it is less than in January, however I was SO SICK at that apt. that I don't remember much. As long as the swelling continues to go down I won't have to go back on steroids again..so that is my plan--goodbye swelling! No more drugs for me.

So all in all it was a great report and Scott and I feel very happy with the results! =) Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! =)

1 comment:

Jenn Pengelly said...

I'm so happy to hear your good news!! I will pray for continued good news, and shrinkage!! I am sad about your hair..... don't worry I promise to never complain about bad hair days!