Thursday, July 30, 2009

One week steroids report...

Hi all! Well I figured I should post since I've been on steroids for a week now. A lot has happened in the past week and I'll try to recap for ya here!

*Started on low dose of steroids for about 4 days, still had horrific headaches so I upped the dose slightly and the new dose seems to be doing a MUCH better job of taking care of it--so far anyhow!

*I've been waking up to use the restroom every night and in the morning once I wake up I usually can't go back to sleep but its not at an insane hour or anything..so I feel blessed.

*My belly feels a little fuller....i can tell I going to start putting on a little weight, and my skin started breaking out 2 days ago all of a sudden...its happening, but its really mild compared to where I've been so hopefully I can survive the next 6 weeks!!

*We closed on our home on Thursday *yeah* and moved in Friday and Saturday. I had horrible headaches which made life hard but like I said, its getting better.

*Kyler turned 3, I can hardly believe it...today we set up his big boy bed since we bought him a twin sized mattress, he's not my baby anymore.

I'll have to update more next week once we have Internet. We don't have Internet currently so I use Scott's laptop when I can but its hit and miss. I'm grateful such a low dose of steroids is working and I'm grateful to not have such bad headaches. Sure makes unpacking a lot easier!!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I hope it keeps working on the lower dose! Congrats on the new house. We're driving up to Utah on Saturday, do you think we could stop by Sunday or Monday? I'll call you. Love and miss you!

Vickie said...

I'm so glad it's easier this time with the steroids. I'm excited about your new home. Will you re-create your very impressive craft room???

Grandma said...

I am so glad to hear that the low dose is helping. Keep up the good work and you will make it through this without uping any further. Love, Pam

Rachel said...

Heidi! I hope that the side effects stay to a minimum. I've been thinking about you and hope that all is well and you are enjoying your new house. I look forward to seeing some pictures. Please tell the family hello from us and again I'm so sorry we didn't get to visit with you.