Thursday, September 24, 2009

Decorating for Fall

In CA I had a great staircase with banisters that I would decorate for the holidays. In the fall I put these great garlands up the staircase and I just loved look. When I was unpacking my fall decors I realized that I have no banisters! =( So I got creative and used my bookcases in my living room for two of the garlands. I like how it turned out.

I plan to put another one over my front door. Then I put one on my new hutch. This is a hutch that I'm almost done filling with my nice dishes. We bought used it off KSL.com and it was less than a year old and its in great shape. I LOVE IT!

I was looking for something black and distressed that didn't look old fashioned. I also needed something that would fit in that space and not stick out too far and too long so when I found this one I was so excited!! It's perfect for our home and matches really well with the other black furniture we have!
Last night this wonderful luxury got some use!! I've had a lot of muscle pain the past 1 1/2 weeks as my steroid dosage has increased. I was so grateful to be able to get in the hot tub last night. It's a lifesaver and the timing is perfect since I really need it now. Thanks to Jim for helping Scott do the electrical this past weekend! It's a blessing to have the hot tub up and running...we are so glad we brought it with us, even though it seemed crazy at the time!! Thanks to Austin and Jason for helping with trenching and laying the foundation stones. Many hours went into this! Thanks to all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: