Wednesday, October 14, 2009

GoodBye Steroids....and hopefully goodbye restless nights!

Well I have officially said farewell to my least favorite drug of all time...Decadron...aka..STEROIDS!! I'm so glad to have this horrible drug behind me and hopefully this time will be for good! I've been on an elevated dose post-surgery as that is standard procedure for Craniotomy patients, so I've been dealing with the side effects. I took my very last pill the other day so I'm looking forward to getting my old self back. It takes about one month for the steroids to get out of my system completely so I've still got a little while to go yet but I'm so happy to not be taking them everyday!! Happy day...

2 comments:

Jo Deann said...

YA!!! I'm sure you are totally relieved. I remember how hard that was for you...to have to keep taking that nasty stuff. :( I'm glad that you can move past it. Take care of yourself, pamper yourself, and HUG YOUR FAMILY FOR ME. :)

Grandma said...

That is great news. Can't wait for you to feel better and be able to do all you want to do. Love