Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tumor Board of Review

Well tonight Dr. Jensen called to let me know the results of the Tumor Board Review meeting today. They reviewed my scans and discussed my case and he just wanted to share the results with me.

First of all he said that the board's consensus was that they really think this is treatment related and not new growth. He said that is what they are leaning towards. He told me that the two tests...a Profusion MRI and a Spectroscopy....should give us more information than we currently have. I found out what these tests do.

The profusion MRI shows the blood flow in the brain so it will show less blood flow if the irritation is necrosis since dead tissue doesn't have much blood flow and active brain cells do! Then the Spectroscopy shows the metabolic activity of the brain and would show differing results depending on if there is a growing tumor or dead tissue in there.

Either way it seems like these two tests, in addition to my routine MRI scan should give us a good picture of what is going on.

Anyhow, I thought this was so interesting yesterday but my head was spinning and I couldn't get all the info together cohesively. Now that I've spoken to Dr. Jensen again I feel like I can make more sense of it all!

Well, That's all for now!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Wow! Your brain sure has a mind of it's own. The prayers can be more specific now that we know what the tests are for. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night. Love You

Amy/Austin said...

I'm so glad they gave you more information about the scans and what they are thinking. We sure love you and pray for you!

Jenn Pengelly said...

We're praying for you up here in WA!