Saturday, July 17, 2010

Heidi Post Surgery Day 2

Heidi continues to recover on schedule. She is in significant pain in her head from the procedure and the trauma/swelling it has caused. However, she has been able to tolerate it thus far with less pain medication than she had recovering from her previous craniotomy. She is very coherent and all signs so far indicate there will not be any long term side effects to her vision or anything else. We hope to have her up and moving about a little by the end of the day and she is preparing for a scrabbled egg and bagel breakfast this morning. All good signs and we look forward to continued improvements.

9 comments:

Aly said...

I'm thinking of you Heidi. I'm glad things are going as well as they are thus far for you.

Vickie said...

Thanks for the "Heidi" updates. Please tell her we love her and we're praying for her and hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Jo Deann said...

Good news....keep it coming. :)

Carrie said...

So happy to hear the good recovery news. Hugs from me!

Grandma said...

We are so happy to hear that she is doing so well. Can't wait to see her in person. Love you guys.

Jana said...

I'm so thankful that the surgery went well and that she's recovering as planned! Heidi and your family are in my prayers. :)

Teresa said...

Tell Heidi I'm thinking of her and praying for her! I'm so glad things went well. Make sure she gets all the rest she needs and doesn't jump back up too soon! We all know how hard it is to keep Heidi down. =)

Kelli said...

Maybe this doctor and his amazing skills are the reason you came back to Utah. I hope this is the last surgery for you and you family to endure. I hope you have a smooth recovery.

Burga said...

Hope Heidi is on her way home from the hospital =0)