Monday, August 30, 2010

Six Weeks Post-Op

Well, as you may have realized I haven't posted in about 3 1/2 weeks. It was just so hard for me to sit up and type without making spelling mistakes that I decided to take a break for awhile. I'm finally getting better **Yeah!** and I think I may once again be able to function as a Mom. I'm still recovering and I'm still not driving, cooking, cleaning or taking care of my children much of the time, but I am getting better. Little by little I get to spend more time with them which is great!

I take a nap every day but only once instead of 2 or 3. I'm still having headaches every day but they are manageable with IBProfen. I can't get them to go away completely, but I can manage as long as I take breaks to lie down and give my head a break. I'm grateful to be off the strong pain meds!!

I'm now off of steroids too--FINALLY!!--and I'm off my seizure meds too! I'm so glad to not be on so many drugs and guess what? I feel better and have more energy now!! Go figure!!

There isn't much else to say for now..thanks to my Mom who came to stay with me for a few weeks after Surgery, and to Carol (Scott's Mom) who came for a week and to Scott's Dad who stayed for a few weeks and to my dear friend Jana who came last week for my easing back into life week and to my Brother in Law Brad who is here this week! I'm so grateful for all your help! And to all my friends who have been so supportive as well! I appreciate you!
Love, Heidi

7 comments:

Sue said...

I think of you often and have been anxiously waiting for an update. Glad you are doing good. Sue

Katie said...

I am so glad to read your update and find that your health is continuing to improve! We are relieved! Love Tom and Katie

Vickie said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better, Heidi!! GREAT NEWS!

Teresa said...

It's so good to hear that you are getting better. I was checking this blog 2 and 3 times a day just to find out if you had updated, I was getting really worried! I'm praying that you continue to feel better each day and that you get your strength back. Luv u! TJ

Rachel said...

Yeah! Happy day! Glad you are feeling better. =)

RP said...

This is great news Heidi! I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

Grandma said...

It's great that you are doing better!!! Must be completely better in a few months!! Reservations made.