Sunday, August 8, 2010

Three Week Post Op Update

Well its now been a little over three weeks since my surgery. Today is Sunday and I'm a bit better than I was last Sunday since I am now on treatment for being anemic. I have a little more energy, meaning I only take three naps instead of 5 in a day! Seriously! It takes all my energy just to sit and blog, I can't imagine how I will ever be a mother and handle normal life again!

One of the hardest challenges of this recovery is how little improvement I see from day to day. I see only marginal improvement from last Sunday and last time I had surgery the day to day was hard to see, but the week to week was obvious, so this has been really hard. I just wish I could see more improvement in some small way on a day to day basis. Maybe that will come this week?

I am just barely starting to feel up to reading little bits at a time, most of the time its too hard on me mentally to focus long enough to read, I wish I could!! I can watch movies now easier, before I was only able to listen to them so that's one improvement I suppose!

Well, there isn't much else to say in this update....since there really isn't much to update you about, except to say that I am still spending 99% of my time in bed and I can't wait to get better!

8 comments:

Grandma said...

Jim will help you get better!!! And Scooter too.

Jo Deann said...

Love ya. Be grateful for the small steps. You have so much to look forward to when you have recovered. We'll keep you in our prayers. :)

Heidi Freeman said...

I think you are doing so well...I know it is slow but you are making progress! So impressed you are blogging.

mb said...

Stay positive Heidi!! You are loved by so many people and we all know you will keep getting stronger and feeling more like Heidi/mom/wife. Love to you and your family!

mle1777 said...

Heidi - you are amazing and such a strong person! Just like I remember you from back in the day. Keep your positive thoughts going - they will definitely help you recover. You're in our prayers.
Emily

Jenn Pengelly said...

You are in my prayers dear sweet friend. Baby steps... celebrate small victories... and don't loose faith and hope and that positive attitude! XOXOXOXO

stina said...

You haven't updated for awhile. Are you doing ok??

Rachel said...

Axel just wanted to say the he misses Dallyn! Hope you are all well.