Thursday, September 23, 2010

Grateful Reflections..

So this past week I've been reflecting on little things that I couldn't do a month ago that I am grateful to be able to do now!!

*I can drive a car! Last week I started driving again...weird but I'm glad to be self sufficient again!
*I don't have to take Ibuprofen every waking minute just to survive!
*I can open the shutters and blinds in my house and let in the light!
*I can finally sleep through the night again!! No more drugs causing me to wake up all the time.
*I can play Candy Land with Kyler!! Spending time with my kids again has been great!
*I can make my BED!! This is a huge one for me...making it means I'm not going to be getting IN it until that night. Oh I am so tired of that bed and am grateful to be out of it!
*I can kneel again! Hooray..I've had so many joint issues due to steroids..I'm not 100% back to normal but I'm doing a lot better now.

Those are just a few of the little things that I am grateful for this week in my reflections. I'm SO happy to be 100% Drug Free. That is an amazing thing for a patient with all my issues. I know I only have pockets of time where I get to be drug free but let me tell you how GRATEFUL I am for those pockets of time. I really hate how drugs affect me so much. I'm grateful to just me ME and to be semi-normal again.

Be sure to be grateful for the little things.....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for this post! You are so awesome! It amazes me how positive you are and how you appreciate the little things. It truly does make life better when you can see and focus on the good things. You are an inspiration and I hope things continue to improve.

Amy/Austin said...

This is a great post. Thanks for sharing this!