Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wii Fit

Well, about a month ago I started exercising a little bit 5 days a week. I put on 15 pounds due to steroids and being in bed for 6 weeks. For someone as small as me the 15 pounds makes a big difference and currently I can not wear any of my clothing except sweat pants! That doesn't really work when its in the 90's outside. I was fed up with this 'rubber ring' that I had put on (this is the third time I've had this in the past 2 years due to steroids) and wanted to do something to lose the weight.

So I decided to turn to the Wii Fit that I got for Christmas almost 2 years ago. I have determined that it is a great tool for someone recovering from surgery! It really has worked well for me to help me gradually get my strength back. If you are a really athletic person then you would laugh at what I call 'exercises' but for me, someone who could hardly walk up stairs a month ago, this is working really well for me.

I've worked up to 30 minutes of aerobic exercise and I'm so happy to see the improvement in my stamina when I exercise. The weight is slow coming off, but at least I'm trying so I try not to get discouraged. One time it took me 6 months to lose the steroid weight, all those drugs just do crazy things to my body. Anyhow I just wanted to share that I am enjoying the Wii Fit for now as my exercise tool and I am grateful that I feel well enough to actually exercise even if it is just very mild. The Wii is amazing..you should all try it out!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I got one for my birthday!!! Now you can come down and exercise with me!!!!!!

Amy/Austin said...

Yay for you for exercising!