Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Hair Truth!

Ok I have been keeping my hopes up these past few weeks, but I think reality is really sinking in! I'm losing my hair, lots and lots of it! I have been losing my hair for the past 3 weeks pretty intensely. It's been wild! I think I've already lived through this haven't I??? I really can't believe its happening again! No one told me this would happen....of course I am a rarity...but really, this is ridiculous!!

We thought at first my hair was coming out due to the steroids I had been on, as that has caused my hair to thin in the past. However, with how much is coming out the past 2 weeks, Scott now thinks it is a result of the chemo in my brain. That chemo was not suppposed to cross the blood/ brain barrier but it appears to us that is has! Why else would I be losing my hair?

So I can't wear my hair down anymore because it is so thin and shows bald spots like crazy. I wore it down Sunday and it was really embarrassing since there were so many bald spots! And remember my hair is curly now. I LOVED it when it was thick and curly....well that is a thing of the past!

So the past 2 days my hair has been coming out from the roots, in handfuls...it is scary beyond scary now. I'm really praying that I get to keep some...even just a little bit. It was such a journey for me before, I REALLY don't want to go through that trial again.

Keep your fingers crossed for me..I can hardly put my hair in a clip now...there isn't enough hair to put up! =(

4 comments:

Amy/Austin said...

That is too sad!!!! You've worked for 3 years to get your hair back, and it was getting so long =) I'm so sad for you =( Love you!!

Heidi Freeman said...

I did not notice! Hopefully it will slow down?

Grandma said...

Haven't you heard that bald is in right now???? I hope you kept some of your old hats. You will look beautiful no matter what!!! Love You

Rachel said...

oh Heidi! Have you talked to your doctors about it? It wont be permanent will it? I do hope that it will stop real soon.!!!