Sunday, October 3, 2010

Our Oven Project

So all those weeks I laid in bed watching home design shows I just wished I had the energy and ability to DO something about the ideas. Of course I had to wait until our life calmed down a bit!! =) Well this past weekend Scott and I decided to tackle the Oven project. The oven project has been a year in the planning so I am excited we are finally THERE!

Here are our ovens before...We had two small ovens in this space. We wanted to open the kitchen up more and so we are taking out the ovens and putting counter top where they were previously. The double ovens will be replaced with a single oven sized unit that has two ovens in one spot! It's a new oven from GE! We are replacing the white appliances with stainless ones.

Here is the progress on Friday Night. Scott and Tyler successfully removed our double oven unit!!
This was Saturday afternoon...Scott was able to cut the unit apart...what a sawdust mess..it was pretty crazy in our kitchen!
Saturday night....5 pm, this is what we have! The new unit in screwed in so it won't fall, but its several inches too low and Scott still has to build the supports for the top so that the counter top folks can work their magic. It will probably take us a few months to get this project finished but I'm excited we are started. Scott has to modify the two side cabinets before the cabinet maker can come back and measure for the new doors he is making for our lower cupboards. Meanwhile I need to find room for the dishes that were displaced removing the lower cabinet. But I am so excited to have more counter top and to have a microwave ABOVE the oven instead of on the counter top! Hooray!! I'll post photos as we progress. =)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy/Austin said...

Yay for fun projects you've been wanting to do =)

Grandma said...

How is your project going???