Thursday, January 6, 2011

HomeBound

Well, I've put off this post long enough I guess. I haven't wanted to post this, maybe hoping if I didn't post about it maybe my reality would go away? Well, not likely! Anyhow, I had a horribly scary seizure a week ago, they call them 'grand mal seizures'. It happened when my parents were here which I am grateful for, and I was pulled over at the side of the road because I could tell my leg was going numb and I wanted to be safe.

With grand mal seizures you can lose consciousness which is what happened to me. I told my mom to call 911 as I thought I was having a heart attack. It was a seizure like episode that continued going up my body until I passed out. I don't remember about 15 minutes or so of what happened. After a few minutes my seizure subsided and Scott decided to cancel the ambulance and have me recover at home. I came to awhile later and was so confused about what had happened and so very scared too! I didn't want to be left alone!

My sister had epilepsy as a child and so my parents have dealt with grand mal seizures before so it was great having them on board to help. And Tyler, my personal Dr. who is awesome at making house calls saved the day as well. I'm really grateful for all the help I have received!

Unfortunately I am unable to drive for at least 3 months. Go figure how you can do that as a mother of 4 active kids??? Needless to say I am overwhelmed but I am trying to be brave and count my blessings!! I just started back on seizure medication and am struggling with the fatigue associated with that. Hopefully it will pass within a few weeks as my body adjusts. At least its not steroids...i really can count my blessings!!

2 comments:

Heidi Freeman said...

ok call me anytime:)
Heidi Freeman

hawaii68 said...

I'm ready to roll! Where do ya need to go?!? Ice cream runs are my favorite, but getting errands done comes in as a close second. :-)Hang in there, Heidi. Love ya, Kam