Monday, February 7, 2011

Aloha from Maui!

Aloha from Maui! We are here in Maui and are having a great time! Since I am up early in the morning and can't sleep I thought I would leave a little post here to say Aloha! It's been a long few days but we are excited to hit the ground running today!

We drove from Utah on Friday and got in around 2 am to my parents home in CA. We flew from CA a few hours later because it saved us thousands on airline tickets since we got a great deal from Oakland. So that was a little nuts since we didn't leave Utah till 3 pm...hence the 2 am arrival. We woke the kids at 5:30 am and headed to the airport. 4 1/2 hours of flying later we were in Maui. Then we went to Costco, got lunch and got food for our week here. After that we hit the fun pools and waterslide until at 5 pm our bodies were telling us it was 8 pm and we were famished!! We went to Maui tacos for dinner....a hole in the wall Scott and I had gone to 5 years before when we came to Maui. It was yummy..then we all went home to sleep and everyone was out by 8 pm Maui time.

The next morning was Sunday and so we got up and got ready for church and ready to check out of the hotel and into the timeshare. After church we had lunch on the beach and then we went for a Sunday drive....literally! It was so beautiful! Wow...we had a great time enjoying all the beautiful views. Then 2:30 we checked into the timeshare that my inlaws own. It's a really nice facility here. We are at the Westin KaaNapali.

The kids are in heaven...they love our 'house' on Maui although Kyler is now calling it a timeshare. He asked grandpa if he would buy him a timeshare on Maui..that got a few laughs! We have a 2 bedroom adjoining units. So our 'house' has a bathroom, shower, jacuzzi tub, king bed and then a sofa couch for the little boys. We have a small lanai as well but we are on the 1st floor so we have to go outside for views. We have a small dishwasher, fridge and kitchenette and laundry in our side as well.

Then you you go through the doors to the other half of the unit and it's my in laws side. They have the same as us except it is more of a master suite. Kaylie and Cameron are in their sofa couch so that is how we sleep all of us here. There is a table that fits all 8 of us and we ate dinner there last night. There is a full kitchen as well with a fridge, dishwasher, dishes, etc. so we unpacked all our Costco stuff last night. Today we have to go to get perishable food. We couldn't go on Sat since we didn't have a fridge in the hotel. Then with it being Sunday we are waiting till today to go shopping. So today we will go and get perishable foods. Then we should be set for the week. Our goal was to eat out once a day only so we have plans for making our own breakfasts and lunches here at the timeshare or packing lunches in when we go exploring.

It's so fun to be here though and I'm looking forward to having a nice day today! I'm not sure what all we are planning to do. I know Scott has to work for a bit this morning, he has a few calls and then I know I need to buy a hat so I don't have to wear scarves all the time. I need to get medication so I can go whale watching and not get sick, etc. etc. so we have a few errands to do and then we are going to hit the beach. Cameron can not wait to body surf!! He is so excited about that. Well, we will post photos when we return but I just thought I would post since there isn't much else I can do from the hotel room at 5 am without waking up the rest of my family.
Have a great day!! Smiles, Heidi

2 comments:

Heidi Freeman said...

Sounds so great! Enjoy! Hope you are feeling well?

The Copiers said...

It is wonderful that you get to spend some fun time in paradise with your family. Enjoy!