Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Really GOOD food!!

The Beautiful Sunset....
Our family at Leliani's..
So we went to Leliani’s for dinner which was our nice family dinner night. I had wanted to do one really nice dinner and this was it. I totally don’t ‘do’ seafood but my one exception is when I am in Hawaii!! So, I was really excited to have fish. I was going to do the Mahi Mahi but the waitress upon hearing how I am a total NO-seafood person on any other day in my life, suggested Mong Chong. It was a mild fish, even more mild than Mahi Mahi and it was SOOOO good. I had it grilled with like lemon seeds on top or something with veggies. Oh my goodness it was SOO good. I ate almost the whole plate, except what Scott snatched from me when he realized that my Mong Chong was actually better, we both thought, than the Mahi Mahi. So that was totally fun!!Funnily enough I didn’t even ask what the price was on the fish, and you know it just says market value or whatever, but since I don’t EVER order fish and this was Maui..i knew I was getting it no matter the price. So when the bill came and it was $31.50 for my fish I just laughed!! I would normally have a coronary spending that much on a dinner!! But wow..this was really great food.
So the story with the Hula pie is this. When I was pregnant with Kaylie Scott and I came to Hawaii with my family. My Dad told Scott that he would buy him a Hula pie but the catch was he had to eat the whole thing himself. Scott agreed not knowing what Hula pie was! Well it’s a big piece of macadamia nut ice cream with a chocolate crust and chocolate toppings, etc. and its ginormous! So we told the kids how Dad had done this 11 years ago when we had come with Grandma and Grandpa Black. So we were really excited to be able to take the kids to get Hula pie. Kaylie loved it and when I told her it was macadamia nut ice cream her eyes got all big. =) We got two free ones with the coupons so we shared them between the group of us. Yummy!
To end the evening we walked around a few shops and got the boys Ukulele’s and matching surfing tees. I got a shirt for Bella and still need to look for something for the girls and Tyler. I got chocolate from Costco to bring back to our friends who had to spend their days in cold, sleet and snow while we were basking on the beach! Scott and I visited with Dad and Pam for a while and we all went to sleep. It was another great day in Maui! We’ll see what Thursday will bring! Aloha!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: