Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ski Day!

A few weeks ago our family had the opportunity to go skiing as a family and it was a great day! The weather was awesome and the snow was beautiful and the kids had a great time. We went to Wolf Mountain since it was a great place for beginning skiers.
This is the first time our whole family has been skiing together so that was really fun. I don't know what I was thinking....I really can not ski with a leg that doesn't respond to what my brain tells it to do! When I struggle to walk up the stairs sometimes it would follow suit that I really would not be able to ski at all!! I kept falling and my leg just would not cooperate. It was quite humbling!
We put the little boys in ski pups ski school for 2 hours and it worked out great. Kyler got a private lesson since there weren't too many kids and he learned how to 'pizza' and he even went on the ski lift! Dallyn was part of a small class and he did a lot of time on the moving carpet. They didn't teach him how to turn on the ski slope very well so that was a challenge later in the day, but otherwise I think it was worth taking the class.
Kaylie struggled to ski when we went last year. She really did NOT like skiing and there were a lot of tears when she found out she had to go skiing with the family. So when we told her we were putting her in ski school she was less than thrilled. We put her in the 8+ class and she had a FABULOUS teacher! This was the turning point for Kaylie because she came away from her ski school LOVING skiing! It was so great! That was what I really wanted from her lesson was that she would learn how to turn and not do pizza all the time. I was so happy to see how much Kaylie improved during the day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: