Friday, May 27, 2011

I can drive, I can drive, I can drive! =)

Can you tell this is supposed to be to the tune of "I Can Fly!" from Peter Pan!?? Perhaps its because I still have Disney in my blood from our recent cruise. In all seriousness it is great news because after nearly 5 MONTHS of not being able to drive (really you have NO idea how hard it was for me in a multitude of ways) I have been given permission to drive again!! HOORAY!

I am so happy about this. I haven't done a lot of driving yet..its been about 1 1/2 weeks since I received the good news. But I have been struggling with the flu as well as being busy with my children's end of the year activities, etc. so I haven't done a whole lot. However, I did drive myself to the temple the other day which was so great (to go by myself) and Kyler and I went to Target. Oh the joys!!

So my message today is to be grateful for the LITTLE things. For we take so much for granted and I am grateful that I can just run to the store if I need to. Although I feel like I'm better at time management now that I've been forced to live this way for months. (Meaning Scott or friends taking me shopping, etc) So I will spend more time at home and less time out and about in the future I think. We could all benefit from more time home with family and less time running wildly from here to there!

Have a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

The Copiers said...

Yeah! So very happy for you! We are coming sometime this summer and would love to come see you.