Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good News!!??

We found out that I have a major yeast infection in my throat that is causing me a lot of problems and swallowing issues.

So I had an Endoscopy today and the news is good! I am not used to good news so this is FAB! I found out that I have a really bad yeast infection in my throat and it is totally different than the yeast infection I had in November, its so bizarre. So I have an infection in my esophagus which is caused by a leftover infection I had in January caused by the antibiotics I was on to treat the pneumonia I had in December. Don't you love how everything is well linked?

The chemo and steroids are not allowing my body's immune system to fight the infection. So, the answer now is that I am starting an antibiotic to treat the infection. It may take awhile because the infection is so very bad but I am encouraged by the fact that we have a plan.

Once we can get the yeast under control then I should be able to start swallowing again, as right now my throat is like velcro. Then I should be able to start talking better and get my voice back, right now I vary from a man's voice to no voice at all. And lastly I should be able to breath better and not have to always be worried about choking on everything.

I am just so excited that someone can tell me WHAT is wrong and WHAT can be done to fix it...that is amazing and that never happens for me! Talk about counting my blessings tonight!!I just had to share the happy news! I can't wait to be able to eat normal food again!

6 comments:

stina said...

Great news!!! I hope it resolves quickly!

Patty Bennett said...

What encouraging news, Heidi!! I'm so happy there is a plan of action and it sounds like that issue will be resolved soon! Hugs and prayers to you, Patty

The Copiers said...

plans are good! So glad that you have some good news and will be able to swallow again soon.

Lisa said...

So glad you have finally received some good news and answers! I hope you can swallow soon and enjoy food again. You are so tough!

Your previous post made me cry. Again, you are so tough! I'm sorry for all the challenges you have to face. I am glad you could go to the temple and live in the land of temples. I know the temple always helps me find peace and strength.

Ashlee said...

Yea!!!!! So happy that you will be on the mend and back to eating and talking again soon :)

Jo Deann said...

I'm so glad for you. Hope you can eat some REAL food soon. Hugs.