Sunday, June 24, 2012

Two Months

It is hard to believe that today marked two months since Heidi's passing. In some ways it seems like just yesterday she was here and we were sharing life together, creating memories as a family and working together to make life a bit better. It seems like yesterday that she started to decline rapidly in health and then peacefully slip away. It seems like yesterday that we remembered her life and faith in the  funeral. And yet life has marched on and in other ways it seems like forever since we have felt her radiant and joyful spirit bless our life. Forever since she took care of all the organizational details she excelled at. Forever since my life felt complete. It is indeed amazing that her passing can seem soon and so long ago all at the same time.

Many have asked how we as a family are doing. We are doing well. The kids are enjoying summer, little responsibility and lots of time to play. We are adjusting to the new normal without Heidi and feel so blessed we were able to prepare for this time long ago, with Heidi's thoughts and guidance. The kids have especially adapted well. They miss the influence, assistance, and love from Mom, but are bolstered by knowing that we, Heidi and I, know that her passing was the will of the Lord and the children have accepted that also. They also comment on how happy Mom must be now that she is no longer feeling the pain and suffering from the cancer. All four are a true blessing to me and I am grateful to have them.

I again would like to thank each and every family member, friend and church member that has helped us, supported us, and prayed for us. Your efforts have meant so much, have helped so much, and have truly been the balm of Gilliad for us. Though I may at times not show as much gratitude as I ought, forgive me, I do appreciate every gesture, every thought on our behalf.

7 comments:

stina said...

Thanks so much for the update! I don't know you or your kids, but I grew up with Heidi and think of you all often. I'm so glad to hear that you're all hanging in there and adjusting.

The Five that Jive said...

Yes, Scott thanks so much for the update! I think of Heidi all the time and your family is in my prayers. I'm glad that your family is adjusting and I'm sure that Heidi is there adjusting right along with you. All our love!!
Lindsey and Family

Carrie said...

Thank you for updating the blog. I spent time tonight looking at the blog and sure miss her radiant spirit. I am glad your kids are enjoying summer and I hope that you are finding moments of joy as well.

Carrie said...

Thank you for updating the blog. I spent time tonight looking at the blog and sure miss her radiant spirit. I am glad your kids are enjoying summer and I hope that you are finding moments of joy as well.

Julie said...

Thanks for continuing to post, and share how you and your children are doing. Your comments about time are so true. I loved that you shared that you and Heidi knew that it was her time to return home to Heavenly Father. I just read Elder Scott's talk at the last General Conference. Heidi I am sure is very close to all of you.

Debra Bishop said...

Scott, we all think of you often. I think that is the most beautiful headstone I've ever seen. Your sealing date is the same as my anniversary so now we will always celebrate you too. Much love, Steve and Debbe Bishop

Debra Bishop said...

Scott, we all think of you often. I think that is the most beautiful headstone I've ever seen. Your sealing date is the same as my anniversary so now we will always celebrate you too. Much love, Steve and Debbe Bishop