Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Headstone

Heidi (and my) headstone was placed yesturday. I think the headstone is exactly what Heidi wanted and I hope she thinks it is beautiful, I sure do. Having the headstone in palce and thick full grass over the grave site, sure brings home the finality of her passing and closes the chapter in our life of dealing with the aftermath of her death. We are glad she has such a lovily and peaceful place to rest. And yes it seems odd to think my name is now on a headstone in a cememtary.

 
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

Wow!! It is so beautiful!! I love the Oakland Temple and the Mickey mouse and the breast cancer ribbon! You managed to get it all on there! I think thats the prettiest headstone I've seen!

Heidi Freeman said...

Saw it on my walk the other day...it is so her. Is a headstone like a kitchen or a house in that it mainly reflects the mother?:) You did great Scott!

Danielle said...

The headstone is beautiful!!! It fits Heidi perfectly!

Cove Fort Mission said...

Scott,
Lamar and I went to the cemetary today and saw Heidi's beautiful headstone. It is really something . . . a tender reflection of your rich life together and the hope in Christ which we all carry in our hearts.

It's very classy!
Love, Aunt Elaine

Grandma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma said...

It is the perfect headstone for Heidi. You captured her perfectly! She would love it! You did a wonderful job at picking just the right one. Love You

Sue said...

As BEAUTIFUL as she was! Thanks for sharing, thinking of you and the kids often.