Sunday, May 4, 2008

Halfway Point for Radiation!!

Yeahoo! I'm at the halfway point for my radiation!! I have a total of 33 days of treatment...28 regular treatments and 5 boost days for extra radiation to my scar area. I just had day 17 on Friday so its all very exciting that my treatment is half over!!! I'm starting to be more sore but overall I'm feeling very blessed that my side effects haven't been as bad as they anticipated!

Here is my new (very silly) haircut--or lack of haircut I guess you could say. My hair has grown in enough that I don't wear a wig or hairpiece anymore! YEAH! That's a relief...and my hair is easy to fix but sheez it sure looks silly. I can't wait until it grows out more. But for now it is what it is and I'm grateful to have hair at all!

In the basement of this hospital is where I receive my radiation treatments each weekday...I'm getting very familiar with this hospital!
Right across the parking lot is the Mercy Medical Buildings. This is where I received my chemo treatments for 5 months and where I'll continue to receive my Herception IV injections over the next 9 months, once every 3 weeks. These places are becoming all too-familiar second homes for me...=)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Heidi,

Don't ask me HOW I found your blog. I am an admitted "stalker," but I'm so glad I found you. My parents told me how sick you've been - I'm so sorry to hear, but oh my goodness, I can't believe how positive you are. Your family is BIG and beautiful. I'd love to chat with you more. Take care!!

Leigh said...

Sorry - It's Leigh Stapley, in case you couldn't tell. I suck at this blog stuff and haven't figured mine out. Here's my email - leighstapley@gmail.com :)

Marc and Stacy said...

You're my hero!! :) You look awesome. You totally can pull off a short hair style! Now you know that you can do whatever you want with your hair and always look fabulous! :)